Managers who devote time to coaching and managing your child do so on a voluntary basis. Help them by doing the following:
- If your child is going to miss a game or training, give the manager as much notice as possible.
- Encourage your child to communicate with their manager to build up a good relationship with them.
- Try and ensure that your child arrives on time to both training and matches as latecomers can have a negative impact on a team’s preparation.
- Ensure your child is picked up on time from training and matches. A manager shouldn’t have to wait around minding children after a session or match has finished.
- Teams need to be transported to games so help here is appreciated, if you can’t do it every week try to get involved every 2nd or 3rd week.
- Give every member of your child’s team encouragement. Applaud good football from every player on the pitch, Mount Merrion or not Mount Merrion.
- Don’t coach the players, let their coaches do that.
- Don’t use bad language or get involved in a slagging match with anyone from the opposition.
- Do not get involved with the referee during the match as this will only hinder your child’s team’s chances.
- Ensure your child wears sufficient clothing depending on the weather conditions.
- Ensure your child has their full kit on match day.
- Try help your child’s manager in any way you can. Putting up goals, corner flags, picking up cones, washing gear, collecting footballs, answering texts/emails/teamers as early as you can.
Any fundraising the club does requires the full support of parent’s as the fees do not cover the running costs of the club.