DDSL SSG LEAGUE
SSG Leagues for 2015/2016
Under 8’s &9’s:
- Play 5 a side (5×5) with 2 Substitutes…Team of 10 to make up two games….Roll On/Off.
- Teams to play across the current small sided pitch – thus enabling 2 games to take place at the same time i.e. if a team arrives with 10 players, then 2 x 5 a side matches can play, if a team arrives with 9 players, then a 5 a side on one pitch with 4 a side on other pitch.
- If teams are missing players they can still travel with 8 or 9 players (play 2 x 4 a side). Teams to notify opposition.
- Ideal number of players to be signed: 12 players…Maximum 14.
- All players must receive minimum:
- League to set fixtures every week.
- Goals to be turned on back – making goal smaller OR use 5- a side goals….5m x 2m (16ft by 6ft)
- Each game to be 4 x 10mins with 2mins interval between each session.
- No Referees.
- A match supervisor shall be a club official or adult approved by both sides and will not be allowed coach either team.
- Non – Competition – there will be no match cards, no results, and no League tables.
- Play for fun but learning foot-skill at the same time.
- Clubs must ensure the pitch is roped off so parents etc have to be at least 5 ft. away from side-line….All spectators follow ‘behind the line’ concept.
- Coaches/players only… from both teams to stay on one side of the pitch.
- Shin-Pads must be worn at all times.
- Size 5 Ball…U8 (weight 290 grams)
U9 (weight 320 grams)
- Retreat Line: Opposing players must retreat six meters outside the box when the goalkeeper is taking a kick-out or rolling the ball out. Opposing players cannot advance until the ball is received by the full backs etc.
- Retreat Lines should be marked out with ‘Disc Yellow ‘ Cones.
- Goal-keeper cannot kick the ball from his hands or kick from the ground. They must roll/throw the ball out.The goalkeeper is not allowed handle the ball from a back pass.
- System will be monitored on a regular basis.
- The Ball Out of Play:
If the ball goes out of play at the side-line the nearest player will recommence by passing the ball into play…either by a kick from the ground or dribble the ball into play.
If the ball goes wide of either goal…from the opposition….the opposition must withdraw to the retreat line & play will resume with the goal-keeper throwing/rolling the ball out. The opposing players cannot advance beyond the retreat line until the player receiving the ball from the Goal-keeper touches the ball.
If the ball goes wide of either goal by the ‘defender etc’ a corner kick is awarded……normal rules apply.
The Start & Restart of Play:
Each period will start with a normal kick off.
Scoring of a goal….Play will resume with the Goal-keeper either throwing the ball out to a team-mate. The Goal-keeper cannot kick the ball off the ground or out of their hands. There is no ‘Tip off’ at the half-way line…after a goal is scored.
All opposing players must withdraw to the retreat line.
The opposing players cannot advance beyond the retreat line until the player receiving the ball from the Goal-keeper touches the ball.
- Penalty Kick: There are no penalty kicks.
- Free Kick.
All free kicks are indirect, opposing players must be 5 metres away.
- To play across 7-a-side pitch with the half way line dividing both pitches.
- Minimum : 40m x 25m…..Maximum : 45m x 25m.
U8 & U9 Divisions:
- Proposed divisions to be made up of 6/8 teams per division…(This may vary depending on applications etc).
- To continue to allocate teams by regions i.e. South Side etc…where possible.
- From u8’s going into u9’s…based on feedback/survey reports…there will be a number of weaker/stronger divisions to ensure weaker teams are catered for.
- All groups coded by colours rather than grading of A, A1, etc.
- Re-grading after Christmas…for the benefit of the weaker/stronger teams…Very important to return surveys.
- Where leagues are finished early…we will allocate fixtures with other divisions or/and organise mini tournaments etc. TBC.
There is some confusion over the ‘ball out of play’ over the touch line.
For managers/coaches who did not attend the workshops to demonstrate the changes in January 2016.
Ball out of play at touch line:…
New rule from Xmas:
If the ball goes out of play at the side-line the nearest player will re-commence by passing the ball into play…either by dribbling or kick/pass from the ground.The player cannot score directly from touch line…
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.