Mount Merrion Youths FC provides various sporting activities and opportunities for young people through participation in club football and regional/provincial events’.
Mount Merrion Youths FC is committed to safeguarding children and by working under the guidance of the FAI Safeguarding Policies our staff, both volunteers and employed, working with our young people, throughout the Club, seek to create a safe environment for young people to grow and develop.
This Club’s (Mount Merrion Youths FC ) written Risk Assessment document indicates the areas of potential risk of harm, the likelihood of the risk occurring, and gives the required policy, guidance or process documents require to alleviate these risks. The list of risks identified are contained in the following categories: Club and Coaching Practices; Complaints & Discipline; Reporting Procedures; Use of Facilities; Recruitment; Communications; and General Risk of Harm.
The Risk Assessment was undertaken on 12th March 2018.
Our Child Safeguarding Statement has been developed in line with requirements under the Children First Act 2015, (the Children First: National Guidance, and Tusla’s Child Safeguarding: A Guide for Policy, Procedure and Practice). In addition to our Risk Assessment document described above, there are further procedures that support our intention to safeguard children while they are availing of our activities.
Mount Merrion Youths FC has the following procedures in place as part of our Safeguarding Policies:
- Procedures for the safe recruitment of staff and volunteers to work with children in our activities
- Procedures for access to child safeguarding training and information, including the identification of the occurrence of harm
- Procedures for the management of allegations of abuse or misconduct by staff or volunteers against a child availing of our activities
- Procedure for reporting of child protection or welfare concerns to Statutory Authorities
- Procedures for communication with parents and guardians. This is done through the club website and through social media channels as required.
The Mandated for the FAI is James Geraghty
The Relevant Person for the Mount Merrion Youths FC is Ciarán Doyle We recognise that implementation is an ongoing process. Our Club is committed to the implementation of this Child Safeguarding Statement and the procedures that support our intention to keep children safe from harm while availing of our activities.
This Child Safeguarding Statement will be reviewed on 11th June 2020.
(On behalf of Mount Merrion Youths FC)
Name: Phone no:
For queries on this Child Safeguarding Statement, please contact: